Thursday, June 28, 2012

What to do with another child while I am giving birth Moms to more than one child Please

What to do with another child while I am giving birth ??? Moms to more than one child ??? Please?
Ok long story short My sister is going to Italy for a year for collage .She is a single mother and has a child.(My beautiful Neice Natalee)She asked If we could take care of her while she is gone and we said yes . I am due to deliver in the next 2-3 months and I am wondering what we are going to do with her while I am in the hospital ??Our neighbors are old people and can't even take care of themselves.Could we take her to the hospital with us and like leave her with a nurse or something ??? Our parents (both ) live 1 hour to 1 hour in a half away so they are out of the question ?? I am going to have a Scheduled C-section so It (hopefully )won't take that long . Mom's what did you do with your other child??? She is 4 years old BTW Thanks !
Newborn & Baby - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No a nurse wont watch her..... Your husband could stay out of the OR and watch her or your family can come in( Are they not coming in to see the baby?) or hire a sitter...Nurses are not baby sitters they have alot to do with all the babies and stuff being born.... I left my child with family while we went in for our C-section with the twins.
2 :
Well, maybe you could find a teenager, or a friend and have her get to know your niece and than see if they will baby sit for you that day.. You can't leave her with a Nurse, they are working and have patients to take care of..Are your parents not coming up for the birth/? Why not see if they plan on coming up see if they will sit with her in the waiting room
3 :
If you're having a scheduled c-section, the timing is fairly simple. Ask one of the grandparents to come and stay for a few days, with the child in your home, or take her ahead of time to theirs. The nurses cannot be babysitters for you, they have too much other work to do. If asking one of the grandparents is out of the question, then you'll have to pay someone to come and stay with her. Good luck.
4 :
That's the problem I have since we just moved and I do not know anybody around here, plus my parents and my husbands parents are an 8 hour drive away. But since you are having a scheduled c-section, then why can't one of the parents drive there? It seems like it would be kind of easy for them to get there in time since your c-section is planned. Unless of course they have medical conditions, etc, but aren't they going to want to come by and see your new baby anyways?
5 :
??? If you are having a scheduled c-section, have your parents drive over and stay at your house to watch your niece. After all, it is their grandchild too. Why on earth do you think a nurse would watch your child? It is a hospital, not a daycare. You need to find a family member or another sitter to stay at your house or at the hospital with your niece.
6 :
The hospital staff is not obligated to or responsible for watching your children. Do you have any friends or family that can watch her? I'm due in January with my second and we are planning on dropping our daughter at her grandparents house or maybe my SIL's house, since she has 2 little boys who my daughter loves playing with. But she is definitely not coming with us to the hospital, she'll visit after our son is born but we really don't think it's an appropriate place for a 1 and a half year old to be for very long.


Read more discussion :