Sunday, June 14, 2009

Advice on going to medical school in Italy

Advice on going to medical school in Italy?
I plan on going to the University of Illinois-at Chicago to enroll in their BSN program to be a registerd nurse, and then I want to furthur my education and go to a medical school in Italy to become a Child Neurologist. After my four years there I would like to come back to the U.S and do my residency for four years. I've heard good and bad things about going to medical school in Italy, but I cant make up my mind... Please Help!!! Any Advice Is Needed!!!! Thank you -Nancy G.
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's unlikely that you would be accepted into any medical school in Italy (not impossible, just unlikely). Most countries are reluctant to give up one of their seats to a US citizen due to the fact most want to do just what you have indicated--go back to the US. Italy has 42 medical schools and all are taught in Italian and all are six years. You can find info on each, with a link to its web page at the International Medical Education Directory: https://imed.faimer.org/


Read more discussion :