Sunday, June 28, 2009

If I stay longer then 90 days in Italy and then leave back to the US

If I stay longer then 90 days in Italy and then leave back to the US....?
would the Italian authorities find out when I go to the airport and show my passport? would they see that I over stayed without permission? what happens to a US citizen in Italy if they overstay but dont do anything else illegal. and they also dont need to work in Italy either. advice/knowledge on the subject please? I would love to live in Italy for a few years to learn Italian but I know I wouldn't qualify to live there legally as I am not a nurse or English teacher etc and its just not an option. BQ what about france?
Other - Italy - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no
2 :
If you overstay then when you leave Italy the immigration records computer will flag up your overstay immediately. As a minimum you will be allowed to leave but the overstay will be stamped in your passport and the authorities in all of the EC countries will be informed. As a result you are unlikely to allowed back into the EC in the future.
3 :
Nothing happens. I have verified that my self many many times. And I've had runins with most the police forces there too. Don't worry, do what you want to do. France you have to just stay out of trouble and they leave you alone. Especially if your white.
4 :
If you don't need to work in order to afford your stay here, then you can apply for a student visa or an elective residence visa and stay here legally. Those are much easier to get than a work visa. You would need to show that you have a place to stay and the resources to afford to stay without working. http://www.esteri.it/visti/index_eng.asp


Read more discussion :