Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wondering where I can find two historical images from the 1930s and 40s

Wondering where I can find two historical images from the 1930s and 40s...?
Every now and then, I come across strange photos or footage that grab my attention and linger in my memory. Lately I've been wondering about two images I've seen in the past. One of them is a black and white film footage from around the 1920-40s, filmed during Mussolini's dictatorship. I can vaguely remember watching a documentary about the rise of fascism in Italy and in that saw a footage of an Italian hospital where newborn babies were being moved on conveyor belt like in a factory. Nurses along the "assembly line" were sprinkling baby powder quite mechanically. For me, it was such a powerful footage that revealed the totalitarian/mechanical nature of the regime. The second image was a black and white photograph I found somewhere on the web (can't remember now) in which a group of nurses were wearing gas masks and apparently, marching. I believe it was taken in Manchuria in the 1930s and the nurses belong to the Imperial Japanese Army. Anyway, it had an unusually bizarre, morbid, and haunting quality to it that kinda shocked me. Somehow, it looked like the end of the world as people knew it was near...a prophetic kind of photo of World War II. These are some haunting images that appear in my mind time and again. Luckily, I was born in the 1980s and therefore, never had to experience that dark period in history; but I felt like those images somehow gave me a strong insight into what it was like to live in that period. Often wondered if I could use it in a photo collage or some art project. I don't know where to find them on the web though...
History - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
.Doubt these things are true.Probably some propaganda footage to make you dislike these countries.


Read more discussion :