Monday, March 14, 2011

I have to make a WWI Memory Box

I have to make a WWI Memory Box?
I have an assignment for my World History class. I have to make a WWI memory box and include 5 items in it from each of these categories: Personal Items, Letters/Poems, Official Documents and War Memorabilia. These 5 items have to tell the story of a deceased person (ie. Officer, Spy, Nurse, Civilian) from one of these countries: Britain, Germany, Russia, France, Italy, Austria, Ottomon/Turkey, Colonials or the United States. I am planning on doing this on an officer from the US. I have some ideas that would work... Death Certificate Letter Home to Wife WWI Dog Tags? What else can I include? I have to make the items btw, I can't just print things off the internet. I have to type and print and make the paper look old and stuff.
History - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That is so much fun! I wish our history classes were like that. We don't do anything fun at all. We sit, we listen, we learn. (We pass). For personal items, add an engagement ring (any kind of ring can do) and maybe um...gather a bit of soil from your backyard that you can put into an envelope and write, "The French soil we were fighting for". And for your death certificate, type it up on the computer in the "Courier" font or at least something that looks like a typewriter! You should rent the movie A Very Long Engagement - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Very_Long_Engagement - it's really good (starts of gruesome, but honestly, it's not bad). Good luck!


Read more discussion :