Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My husband is opposed to my name choice for our son

My husband is opposed to my name choice for our son?
I really want to name our newborn son Night, but my husband would rather name him something like Elliot. I asked if Italy or Chance was okay and he looked at me like I was crazy. He says "Do you want him to grow up teased?" and I said "Well, don't you want him to be unique?" Then I finally said I'd settle for Napoleon and he gave up. It wasn't a serious fight (the nurses laughed), but our babay still doesn't have a name. Advice?
Baby Names - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
im sorry but he would be teased.
2 :
Would it really be so bad to let him have elliot? you son will be unique no matter what his name. it'll be better if he doesnt get teased growning up because of his name. kids already get teased enough growning up. dont give him an extra problem. And yes the names you chose are indeed weird. i would have looked at you crazy as well
3 :
how bout Name him Elliot night
4 :
Yea with those names he will get teased... Kemo is a unique and cool name... pernounced kee-mo
5 :
Oh dear, you both need advice!. Elliot?. noooo it sounds like idiot, Italy? Chance? Napoleon?, gawd 'elp you all....
6 :
Get your head examined. Elliot > every nutty suggestion you've come up with
7 :
I think I'm leaning toward your husband's ideas, however, some unusual names Donovan, Corbin, Dunstan, Cole, Finn, Doyle, Cooper
8 :
jacob kyle ethan aiden ryan rylan jace mikael isaiah matthew leon lou logan
9 :
Elliot's a perfectly nice name, you should go with it.
10 :
Ehhh, no offense but Night sounds a little to feminine. Italy is kind of strange. I have no problem with the name chance or elliot they both sound like good names(im more for elliot though because i always really liked the name Eli,which would probably what his friends would call him to shorten it :P) Napoleon is a little outdated in my opinion. here is a list of names i really like Maeson Aiden Jacob Aldous Eli Tyrone(If he's black(no racism intended)) Chris Dylan Kyle.. hope i helped
11 :
No offense, but Elliot IS a lot better than some of the names you came out with. Your son will get teased with a name like Night, Chance, or Italy. He will be unique, even with a normal name, and if you do give him a normal name it will save him from a life time of teasing.
12 :
I literally smacked my head off my desk when I read "Well, don't you want him to be unique?" You think your child won't stand out because of his name? That's pretty damn sad. I think your name suggestions are more wacky than unique. I'm guessing the nurse was laughing at your name choices. My advise would be to pick a name of foreign origin, maybe Irish or Germanic. That way it's unique while still being legitimate. Or go look at the top 1000 names of 2009. Start scanning outside the top 100, that way you can find a name that you won't see/hear to often, but is still know to others. Suggestions: Nolan Micah Oliver Flynn Jericho Rhys/Reece Patrick Seth Story Ash
13 :
What about instead of Chance name him Chase
14 :
Let your husband name the kid since you obviously want to torture the child.
15 :
Night. No Elliot. Yes I'm sorry, but I'm siding with your husband. Night would be teased...


Read more discussion :