Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just got tested posotive for TB, born outside the USA...now what

Just got tested posotive for TB, born outside the USA...now what?
Just got tested posotive for TB, born outside the USA...now what? I just left the health division a couple hours ago, my job required me to get a TB Test and that is was something simple and nothing to worry about. 1 out of 2 isn't bad, considering i was tested POSITIVE. Anyways, i was born in Baghdad, Iraq. My parents and I left the country when i was 3 MONTHS old, we went to Italy for another 6 MONTHS. I have been told that i should have received a BCG shot in Iraq but i argue that i was too young to get it (not sure if I'm right or wrong) Well my main thing is... what happens now? i dont have any symptoms of it and my job is a translator (i go to peoples homes with doctors,nurses, and other medical people) Please help, i know this is not a very straightforward question, anything that helps me understand the complexity of the issue more would be great! Thank you.
Alternative Medicine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have TB, but no symptoms then you don't have it, but that doesn't mean you are safe from getting it later. Almost like someone having HIV may not get AIDS. TB is very contagious if you have it, it can be transmitted airborne (like flu), so coughing or sneezing. So you have it and it will always be in your system may or may not be active and if you get sick with something else it could activate. You can take heavy doses of antibiotics to cure TB but they can be harmful to kidneys and liver.
2 :
You need to be asking your doctor


Read more discussion :