Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Air Force Nurse Corps Information

Air Force Nurse Corps Information?
I'm considering entering the Air Force Nurse Corps and I want to hear people's perspectives on it, pros and cons. I just graduated with a BSN and I'm planning to get married next September, so I think if I do decide to go through with it that I'll wait till after then. Miliary isn't something that I've really considered before, but I've started to look at it and it seems like a pretty good option. I have a ton a questions. And what are deployments like? How often are nurses deployed and long do they typically go for? I heard up to a year or longer is possible. Would you get to come home and visit family anytime if you had to be deployed for an entire year? What kind of training do nurses do? I know they go in as officers, so no boot camp, but what kind of training do nurses get? What kind of pay do nurses receive? Is it competitve with civilian nursing jobs? I have about $20,000 in student loans that I need to pay back. I heard the military will help pay back loans, but how exactly does that work? And I want to go to grad school eventually, will they help with that? And I hear they give you money for housing, or you can live on base. Can you live on base for free? Can you have pets? Do you get to pick where you're stationed? I've heard that you make a wish list and they try to honor it. Say I get stationed somewhere I don't like, can you request to transfer somewhere else after a certain amount of time? I'm really interested in traveling and would love to work in other countries, but I wouldn't want to stay in the same place for the full 4 years. I read on the Air Force website that during your 30 days vacation "you can take advantage of available space on Air Force aircraft. You can fly to exotic destinations, including Italy, Australia, England, Germany, Japan and almost any state in the U.S." Does that mean you can fly for free if there's available space? I know that's a ton of questions! I'm just trying to figure out all the benefits. And I'd like to hear people's perspectives on the negative aspects of the military also.
Military - -1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
im the army and military is still just about the same, deployments can be from 9to 15 months, you will have RnR to go back home for 2-4 weeks during your deployment. youll still have to go to boot camp. then ait if im not mistaken. you will recieve your rank pay, you wont get raises like in a regular job. army will pay your student loans just graduate your boot camp ait and get to your unit. you dont get to pick where you wanna be. and its pretty tough moving to a different station, its like people who have to go to korea and dont wanna be thier, they gotta stick with it no matter what. trust me if you love freedome dont join.


Read more discussion :
Read more discussion :