Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I want work in a hospital abroad, what qualifications would I need

I want work in a hospital abroad, what qualifications would I need?
I am thinking of becoming a nurse and hopefully once I have got all my qualifications I could move to either Italy or spain (I'm half Italian, half Spanish so I can speak both languages fluently and have large family who I could stay with) and do work there. So, to do this what qualifications would I need? Would I have to go to uni? And do what course? For how long?? Please answer as many of my questions as possible. Thanks in advance, Lucia
Medicine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Lucia, Just from asking myself you would need to attend collage or a school for 15 mths. for LPN classes. RN would be 4 yrs. instead of 2 yrs. or 15mths. for LPNs. Some Vocational schools have the courses you would take and credits. Just call some schools to find out, You have access to internet T.V. they advertise as well, the schools. I.T.T. Tech is a school, Penn Foster another. Associate degree and nursing license and pass a state board cert. test. I have a friend who is an L.P.N.
2 :
It really depends upon the exact qualification that you receive. Some are recognised internationally, whilst others will require Validating in the country that you wish to work in before you can practice there. Sometimes you are also required to work in the country of qualification for a given period before you can do this. I have attached a guide that tells you a little more (specifically regarding Spain - http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/121-how-to-get-your-professional-qualification-recognised-in-spain.html )


Read more discussion :