Friday, August 14, 2009

Registered Nurse Going Abroad

Registered Nurse Going Abroad?
I am currently working on a BS for Psychology and I plan on entering an accelerated program to become a registered nurse afterwards. After this, I intend to pursue a Doctorate degree (most likely in Psychology). While I'm getting my doctorate I want to study abroad, perhaps in Italy or somewhere else in Europe. Is it possible to do this? And would I be able to maybe get a part-time nursing job while I am overseas?
Health Care - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it seems to me that you don't have enough information to make the decision. Nursing school is more demanding than you might think. It takes more than book knowledge. You may have not seen the course requirements. Having a psych background helps with only one of the requirements. There is anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, to name a few. Beware of accelerated programs, especially if you really don't know what it takes to be a nurse. As for being a travel nurse most companies want you to have at least 2 years experience working in a hospital. you'll have to pass the NCLEX test here, and depending on what country you travel to you may have the opportunity to take their test or have to take a refresher course. They use only Celsius and metric. They use different names for their drugs too. The generic name of course will be the same in most cases, but you will have to familiarize yourself with their brand names. You can get a very agreeable contract, and travel as well. As for part time,for myself it's been almost impossible. There is a nursing shortage globally, and I guess you know we are in a crisis.


Read more discussion :