Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is there any help for someone who is here from Italy and is too sick to go back home

Is there any help for someone who is here from Italy and is too sick to go back home?
I have a friend and his uncle came from italy for a visit and is now too sick to go home,,,,can he get any kind of help , he applied for his green card. Can he be put in a nursing home w/out money or insurance? Ty all.
Etiquette - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to the embassy
2 :
uhh.. just go back home. duh. u italian ppl don't know anything. ( jk on last sentence )
3 :
Faye is right, contact the Italian embassy to see what to do. I pasted the link below, and good luck to him. I hope everything goes OK.
4 :
Give him some medicine.
5 :
I would think the Italian embassy could offer some help. That's all I know. Good Luck!
6 :
Why don't you see if you can start up a collection for him? Often time people can accomplish wonders when they put their mind to it. Maybe your school would be willing to help out with a fundraiser, or your church, or there could be some organization that could help. Do start with the embassy though and see what they can do and what they recommend. They will likely be the best source.
7 :
Sorry for the problems your friend is having. I think that this should be posted in the legal questions though. My first suggestion would be to contact the Italian embassy and speak with someone there. I don't think illness qualifies someone for a green card, and it is doubtful that a nursing home would take him in. I wish you the best of luck.
8 :
No, probably not, but there are several local services that will help him out


Read more discussion :